Last Updated: February 28, 2021
Information We Collect
Information We Collect
We may collect a variety of information from or about you or your devices from various sources, as described below.
A. Information You Provide to Us.
Registration and Profile Information. If you sign up for an account or otherwise register to use our Services, sign up for notifications or updates, or participate in our surveys, we ask you for your name, email address.
Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you contact our customer support team, we will receive your name, email address, phone number, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information you choose to provide. If you subscribe to our newsletter, then we will collect certain information from you, such as your email address. When we send you emails, we may track whether you open them to learn how to deliver a better customer experience and improve our Services.
Careers. If you decide that you wish to apply for a job with us, you may submit your contact information and your resume online. We will collect the information you choose to provide on your resume, such as your education and employment experience. You may also apply through LinkedIn. If you do so, we will collect the information you make available to us on LinkedIn.
Payment Information. If you make a purchase through our Services, your payment-related information, such as credit card or other financial information, is collected by our third-party payment processor on our behalf.
B. Information We Collect When You Use Our Services.
Location Information. We also infer your general location information, for example by using your internet protocol (IP) address.
Device Information. We receive information about the device and software you use to access our Services, including IP address, web browser type, operating system version, device identifiers.
Usage Information. To help us understand how you use our Services and to help us improve them, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Services, like the pages or other content you view, the searches you conduct, purchases you make, any questions you pose, and the dates and times of your visits.
Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. We and third-party partners collect information using cookies, pixel tags, or similar technologies. Our third-party partners, such as analytics and advertising partners, may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across different services. Cookies are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our Services.
Please review your web browser’s “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from the Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Service to their fullest potential.
C. Information We Receive from Third Parties.
Information from third party services. If you choose to link our Services to a third-party account, we may receive information about you, including your profile information and your photo, and your use of the third-party account. If you wish to limit the information available to us, you should visit the privacy settings of your third-party accounts to learn about your options.
Other third parties. We may receive additional information about you from third parties such as data or marketing partners and combine it with other information we have about you.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect:
- To provide, maintain, improve, and enhance our Services;
- To personalize your experience on our Services such as by providing tailored content and recommendations;
- To understand and analyze how you use our Services and develop new products, services, features, and functionality;
- To communicate with you, provide you with updates and other information relating to our Services, provide information that you request, respond to comments and questions, and otherwise provide customer support;
- To facilitate the connection of third-party services such as certain nonprofits or other organizations you might be interested in;
- For marketing and advertising purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials that may be relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you;
- To generate anonymized, aggregate data containing only de-identified, non-personal information that we may use to improve and develop our Services;
- To facilitate transactions and payments;
- To find and prevent fraud, and respond to trust and safety issues that may arise;
- For compliance purposes, including enforcing our TOS or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency; and
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected.
How We Share the Information We Collect
Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers retained in connection with the provision of our Services.
Social Networks and Other Online Services. our Services allow you to, upon your direction, share information with social networking services, such as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. You understand and agree that the use of your information by any social networking websites will be governed by the privacy policies of these third-party Services and your settings on that Services. We encourage you to review their privacy policies.
Marketing. We do not rent, sell, or share information about you with nonaffiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes, unless we have your permission.
Analytics Partners. We use analytics services such as Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. These services may also collect information about your use of other websites, apps, and online resources. You can learn more about Google’s practices by visiting https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. To help us understand how you use our Services and to help us improve them, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Services, like the pages or other content you view, the searches you conduct, and the dates and times of your visits.
As Required By Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose your information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (a) comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (b) respond to your requests; or (c) protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety. For the avoidance of doubt, the disclosure of your information may occur if you post any objectionable content on or through the Services.
Consent. We may also disclose your information with your permission.
Marketing Communications. You can unsubscribe from our promotional emails via the link provided in the emails. Even if you opt-out of receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us.
Do Not Track. There is no accepted standard on how to respond to Do Not Track signals, and we do not respond to such signals.
If you choose not to provide us with information we collect, some features of our Services may not work as intended.
We make reasonable efforts to protect your information by using physical and electronic safeguards designed to improve the security of the information we maintain. However, as no electronic transmission or storage of information can be entirely secure, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your information.
Our Services are hosted in the United States and intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use Services from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Services. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Services, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
If you are a California resident, you have the right to know what personal information we collect, use, disclose or sell about you under California’s Consumer Privacy Act or “CCPA,” effective as of January 1, 2020. Additionally, you have the right to access and delete your personal information.
To exercise these privacy rights and choices, please follow the instructions below:
- How to request access to your personal information: You may request access to your personal information twice in a 12-month period. To do so, please email us at [email protected] with the subject heading “California Privacy Rights.” In response, we will produce an Access Report detailing the personal information we have collected, disclosed, and/or sold about you. This Access Report will be delivered by mail or electronically at your request. Note, we may not always be able to fully address your request, for example, if it would impact the duty of confidentiality we owe to others, or if we are legally entitled to deal with the request in a different way. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the California Privacy Rights requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
- How to request deletion of your personal information: You may request that we delete the personal information it has collected and/or maintained about you. To do so, please email us at [email protected]. Note, we may need to retain certain personal information as permitted by law, such as to complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a requested good or service, detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activities, comply with legal obligations or to enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations or lawful within the context in which you provided the information.
We reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, for instance, if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Verification: Please note, we will take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling any of the above requests. If you maintain an Account with us, we will verify your identity through existing authentication practices for the account (e.g., login and password). If you are not a registered member, we will verify your identity by matching two or three data points that you provide with data points that we maintain and have determined to be reliable for the purposes of verification (e.g., browser or device ID).
Authorized Agents: Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your or your minor child’s personal information. In order to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, you must provide written proof that you have connected to this designation unless the agent has power of attorney pursuant to California Probate Code sections 4000-4465. You must also verify your identity directly with us by providing a copy of your government issued identification.
Response Timing and Format: If you are a Giddy customer with an online Account, we will deliver our written response to that account online or via email. If you are not a Giddy customer or do not have an online account, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your preference. The response will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable.
Anti-Discrimination Right: We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. But note that some of the functionality and features available to you may change or no longer be available to you upon deletion of your personal information or opt-out of sale of your personal information.
We do not and will not sell the personal information of minors under eighteen (18) years of age without affirmative authorization.
Update Your Information or Pose a Question
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about our processing activities, please email us at [email protected] or write to us at:
1005 E St Elmo Rd., Building 10
Austin, TX 78745