For most women, working out during pregnancy offers a variety of benefits. An active pregnancy can aid with better sleep, promote healthy weight gain, ward off gestational diabetes, boost your mood, and reduce the aches and pains of pregnancy.
But not all exercise is created equal, at least for a pregnant woman.
- Contact sports such as volleyball, basketball, football or baseball
- Any exercise where there is a risk of falling, such as mountain biking, gymnastics, horseback riding, rock climbing, skiing or surfing
- High-impact workouts, such as intense tennis matches or aerobic exercises that involve jumping or changing direction quickly
- Hot yoga or hot Pilates classes
- Scuba diving, skydiving or hiking at high altitudes
You should also